Ja Rule and Pencils of Promise break ground for classroom block in Lower Manya Krobo

1 min read
Ja Rule and Pencils of Promise break ground for classroom block in Lower Manya Krobo

American hip hop artist Ja Rule, alongside his wife Mrs. Aisha Atkins, participated in a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a six-unit classroom block at Nuaso Anglican Primary School in the Lower Manya Municipality of the of Ghana. The project, initiated in partnership with Pencils of Promise, a U.S.-based non-profit organization dedicated to increasing access to quality education for children, aims to provide a conducive learning environment for students.

Expressing his joy to be part of the ceremony, Ja Rule emphasized the importance of education in community development. He pledged continued support for philanthropic causes in Ghana and expressed gratitude to the Ghanaian community for accepting him.

Ms. Kailee Scales, CEO of Pencils of Promise, highlighted the organization's commitment to providing quality education and empowering children to become responsible citizens. She emphasized that the construction of the classroom block symbolized a commitment to knowledge and hope for the community.

Under the partnership, Ja Rule and Pencils of Promise will cover 80% of the construction costs, while the community will contribute the remaining 20% through labor, food for workers, and materials. Mr. Samuel K. Tettey, Lower Manya Municipal Director of the , underscored the importance of the project in addressing the infrastructural challenges faced by the school, which had led to a reduction in instructional hours and other social issues among students.

Expressing gratitude for the support, Mr. Tettey assured full cooperation from the local authorities and community members to ensure the successful execution of the project.

Mr. Mark Okraku-Mantey, Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, acknowledged Ja Rule's contribution to society and encouraged other performers to follow suit. He highlighted the potential for collaborations between Ghana and the diaspora to foster development and promote tourism.

The groundbreaking ceremony not only marks the beginning of a significant infrastructure project but also signifies the collaboration between international organizations, local authorities, and community members to improve educational opportunities for children in Ghana.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Social