The Ghana Education Service (GES) has officially released the results of the 2023 Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) for admission into second-cycle institutions.
Out of a total of 598,839 results received from the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), 585,797 candidates have qualified for placement in Senior High Schools and Technical and Vocational Education and Training Schools (TVET).
A notable 81.56% of the candidates, totalling 477,772, have automatically secured placement in one of their preferred schools.
The release, announced on Tuesday, marks a crucial step for students transitioning to the next phase of their education.
To access the placement platform, candidates are required to follow these steps:
- Obtain a placement pin code from an approved vendor.
- Log onto the official CSSPS website at www.cssps.gov.gh.
- Enter the ten-digit index number, appending 23 as the year of completion (e.g., 123456789023).
- Input the pin code details, including the serial number and pin.
- Click on submit and patiently wait for the placement to be displayed.
- Print essential documents such as the enrollment form, placement slip, and prospectus.
- Alternatively, candidates can visit Resultschecker.com.gh or dial 800055# to purchase a Placement Checker.
For the 18.44% of qualified candidates (108,025) who could not be automatically matched with any of their choices, the GES introduced the Self-Placement option.
If a student does not receive automatic placement, they will be directed to the Self-Placement Portal.
From this portal, students can select a school by providing information about the region, residential preference, school, and program of choice.
The GES emphasizes that schools selected through the Self-Placement Portal can be changed as many times as desired until enrollment in a specific school.
To assist with concerns and inquiries, the GES has set up support services.
Students and parents can reach out to the National Solution Centre at the GNAT Hall, Adabraka, and Regional Solution Centres at various Regional Education Offices.
Additionally, a helpline is available at 0308258001.
The release of the CSSPS results marks a critical milestone in the academic journey of thousands of students, with the GES assuring continued support and guidance throughout the placement process.