Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Sitemap
  • Login
  • Register
The Ghanaian Standard
  • Home
  • Latest
    • General
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Social
    • Tech
  • TrendingHot
  • Politics
    • Legal
    • Crime
    • Security
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Finance
  • Opinion
  • Sports
    • Boxing
  • International
  • Featured
    • Profiles
  • Job Vacancies
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
    • General
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Social
    • Tech
  • TrendingHot
  • Politics
    • Legal
    • Crime
    • Security
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Finance
  • Opinion
  • Sports
    • Boxing
  • International
  • Featured
    • Profiles
  • Job Vacancies
No Result
View All Result
The Ghanaian Standard
No Result
View All Result
Home International

President Trump alleges “triple sabotage” during UN speech

Dennis GyamfibyDennis Gyamfi
September 25, 2025
in International
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Trump alleges “triple sabotage” during UN speech

U.S. President Donald J. Trump has accused the United Nations of staging what he described as a “real disgrace” during his speech at the UN General Assembly on September 23, 2025. In a detailed statement, Trump outlined what he called “three very sinister events” that occurred in succession, which he believes amounted to deliberate sabotage by event hosts.

According to the President, the first incident occurred as he and First Lady Melania Trump were ascending to the main speaking floor. He said the escalator “came to a screeching halt” and stopped abruptly, nearly causing them to fall face-first onto the steel steps. Trump suggested this was intentional, citing a report in The London Times that UN staff had previously “joked about turning off an escalator.” “The people that did it should be arrested,” he declared.

Get more exclusive breaking news updates on our WhatsApp channel .

The second disruption, he said, involved his teleprompter, which went completely dark at the start of his address before millions of television viewers and dozens of world leaders. Trump explained that he was forced to deliver his remarks without it for nearly 15 minutes until it was restored. “Maybe they appreciated the fact that very few people could have done what I did,” he added, insisting the speech nevertheless received “fantastic reviews.”

The third alleged sabotage, Trump claimed, was that the sound system inside the auditorium failed. He said world leaders in the hall could not hear him unless they were listening through interpreter earpieces. He recounted asking Melania afterwards how he had done, only for her to reply: “I couldn’t hear a word you said.”

Trump insisted the incidents were not coincidences, describing them as “triple sabotage at the UN.” He called for an immediate investigation by the UN Secretary-General and said the Secret Service is already involved. He further demanded that all security tapes, particularly those covering the escalator’s emergency stop button, be preserved.

“No wonder the United Nations hasn’t been able to do the job that they were put in existence to do,” the President wrote, blasting the organisation’s management and professionalism.

The United Nations has not yet issued a public response to the allegations.

Tags: Donald TrumpUnited NationsUnited States

Related Stories

Nigerian correctional officers visit Ankaful Prison Complex on study tour

Nigerian correctional officers visit Ankaful Prison Complex on a study tour

Theranos

What happened to $9B medical startup Theranos?

What happened to Nike?

What happened to Nike?

Ghana rejects U.S. health deal over sensitive data sharing demands

Ghana turns down U.S. health deal over sensitive data sharing demands

Premium Website Design for SMEs, Brands & Institutions Premium Website Design for SMEs, Brands & Institutions Premium Website Design for SMEs, Brands & Institutions
ADVERTISEMENT

Trending News

MMDCEs in Ghana

FULL LIST: MMDCEs in Ghana

When I get backpain, I will RESIGN

When I get backpain, I will RESIGN

Best SHS in Ghana 2025 ranking for Science and Maths

Best SHS in Ghana 2025 ranking for Science and Maths

Security agencies intercept ammunition in Nkwanta operations

Security agencies intercept ammunition in Nkwanta operations

List of licensed Microcredit Institutions in Ghana

List of licensed Microcredit Institutions in Ghana

The Ghanaian Standard

The Ghanaian Standard is an independent news media platfrom trusted by Ghanaian worldwide for breaking news coverage of Ghanaian politcs, business, social, legal, crime news and opinion essays. We are baed in Accra, Ghana

Browse by Category

  • Boxing
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Expose
  • Featured
  • Finance
  • Health
  • History
  • International
  • Legal
  • Music
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Profiles
  • Science
  • Security
  • Social
  • Speeches
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • TV & Cinema

Contact

Soursop St GS-0750-8619, Iron City-Amanfrom, Ga South, Accra – Ghana

Phone: 233 55 091 9202
Email: contact@ghstandard.com

Follow Us

  • About
  • Contact
  • Sitemap

© 2025 The Ghanaian Standard - Breaking news in Ghana today | Designed by EnspireFX Websites | Powered by StellerHost

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Latest
    • General
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Social
    • Tech
  • Trending
  • Politics
    • Legal
    • Crime
    • Security
  • Business
    • Economy
    • Finance
  • Opinion
  • Sports
    • Boxing
  • International
  • Featured
    • Profiles
  • Job Vacancies
  • Login
  • Sign Up

© 2025 The Ghanaian Standard - Breaking news in Ghana today | Designed by EnspireFX Websites | Powered by StellerHost